• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally separated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wezzer32

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I have a question my wife filed for a legal seperation back in january i have lost my job since then where i work i have a profit sharing, can i legaly close it out without my wife having any right to it ....thanks for your time

A

annefan1000

1. There is no such thing as "legal separation" in Pennsylvania. If your wife verbally told you that she filed for one, she's telling falsehoods.

2. The profit sharing (401K, pension, etc.) would be half hers if she decides to litigate for it. You can have her sign the pension plan's waiver forms in order to close the account if she is not intending to approach you for her share. Your employer should have the correct documents for her execution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">