• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legally separated but H re-married with OW in Vegas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aliskitty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from France. But my legally separated husband is living and working in CT with E-Visa since 2006. Our divorce is not final.

I found out on the Clark County Recorder Site that he got married with another woman in Las Vegas back dated to 2007. I supposed he did that in order to let her get the spouse E-Visa for her to stay and work in USA.

I know many people got married in Vegas just for fun. I am sure they (both french citizens) did not registered their marriage to the French General Consulate in Los Angeles or their bigamy will be exposed.

Please advise me if their marriage in Vegas is LEGAL or not? Are they in breach of the US law (they are not US citizens)? If I denounce them, how will my husband be affected? Will he lose his job, his E-Visa and will their new marriage of Vegas be annuled? I am currently filing for divorce on his adultery ground in France; he is quite a bully, if he denies and calls it a JOKE or gets a local divorce right away, should the adultery ground still hold for my case? I have procured their marriage certificate through the Clark County Recorder already.

Is there anyway I could confirm that they had tricked the US Immigration to grant a spouse E-Visa to his new/second/bigamous wife?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from France. But my legally separated husband is living and working in CT with E-Visa since 2006. Our divorce is not final.

I found out on the Clark County Recorder Site that he got married with another woman in Las Vegas back dated to 2007. I supposed he did that in order to let her get the spouse E-Visa for her to stay and work in USA.

I know many people got married in Vegas just for fun. I am sure they (both french citizens) did not registered their marriage to the French General Consulate in Los Angeles or their bigamy will be exposed.

Please advise me if their marriage in Vegas is LEGAL or not? Are they in breach of the US law (they are not US citizens)? If I denounce them, how will my husband be affected? Will he lose his job, his E-Visa and will their new marriage of Vegas be annuled? I am currently filing for divorce on his adultery ground in France; he is quite a bully, if he denies and calls it a JOKE or gets a local divorce right away, should the adultery ground still hold for my case? I have procured their marriage certificate through the Clark County Recorder already.

Is there anyway I could confirm that they had tricked the US Immigration to grant a spouse E-Visa to his new/second/bigamous wife?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Don't worry about being vindictive and take care of your own affairs. The 'marriage' would be all the proof you would need to establish adultery in the US even if he divorces her. I don't have any idea of what is required under French laws.

His second marriage would be invalid. If he is not married to a US citizen, then I suspect that his visa would also be invalid, but you should ask that question on the immigration board. But what do you hope to gain by turning him in? Have him lose his job and/or visa. Again, I have no idea how France works for alimony or property settlement, but in the US, turning him in could be very expensive for you. Consult a French attorney about what actions you need to take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">