• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letters of Rogatory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim626

What is the name of your state?MN
Almost posted this under immigration-- they surely would've sent me here.
I was married in May in Ethiopia (never consumated). I want out. I'm attemting to get an attorney in Addis Ababa. Is there a good chance I can accomplish divorce in abstentia?
If not, I'm wondering about the letters of rogatory. Can I draft them or find a boiler-plate version to submit? Are they given to the US State Dept. who handles things after submitting or can I have them filed with an Addis Ababa court directly (I know people who will visit) ?

M

M@RY FARTS!

Tim626 said:
What is the name of your state?MN
Almost posted this under immigration-- they surely would've sent me here.
I was married in May in Ethiopia (never consumated). I want out. I'm attemting to get an attorney in Addis Ababa. Is there a good chance I can accomplish divorce in abstentia?
If not, I'm wondering about the letters of rogatory. Can I draft them or find a boiler-plate version to submit? Are they given to the US State Dept. who handles things after submitting or can I have them filed with an Addis Ababa court directly (I know people who will visit) ?

Why are you asking us for legal advice concerning some African 3rd World nation? This site is for United States law, not Ethiopia.

Can't you read?

Tim626

What you mean to say is “I know nothing about letters of rogatory”. :-( Back to the law books. Your rudeness is exceeded only by your arrogance.

A

ANA FALACTIC

Tim626 said:
What you mean to say is “I know nothing about letters of rogatory”. :-( Back to the law books. Your rudeness is exceeded only by your arrogance.

That's telling him, Tim!!

Anyone can see that your post has NOTHING to do with Ethiopia!

Ana

rmet4nzkx

First of all you may want to check with the US embassy on Ethiopia to see if you had a valid marriage. Then check with a MN attorney re your options for divorce/annulment in MN. Just because you got married in Ethiopia doesn't mean that you have to get divorced there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">