• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liable for Utilities -Divorce???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CherylP

What is the name of your state?Ohio

I have been divorced for 9 months now,after almost 27 years of marriage.I stayed at our house,,I was court ordered to pay utilities only,husband was ordered to pay house payment,,credit cards and spousal support before and after the divorce.I stopped paying utilities last March/05.Didnt have enough money to pay them.He has been paying them for me,I didnt ask him,he just did.Now he wants to get all that money back from the sale of our house or my part of it.Will a judge allow him to recover the money he spent on utilities? He also wants money from my part of house to pay half of taxes and insurance on house! We've lived in this house for 22 years and he wants me to walk away with 1,800.00! and to move his new wife in here,ha! can anyone help me with this question? We will be going to court to battle this out soon.Thanks,Cheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">