• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lie detector tests?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lrfw

Is it possible during a rather messy divorce that one spouse request that the other take a lie detector test regarding personal property that is allegedly "missing" and quite valuable? He is really doing me dirty.

vrzirn

I do not think so!!A good attorney is a wonderful thing to have on your side during a messy divorce. Yours should be taking husband's deposition (under oath and admissable in court). Some cleverly phrased questions can reveal all kinds of stuff and admissions. A $16k ring never showed up but I did get back $8k for my share of community property.I also suggest that you run a credit report on him and find out all the credit cards and then get copies of all statements going back however far you need to. If you tell them it is for an IRS audit they may not even charge you. Some cards with only his name on them will require a court order for release.Get copies of all cancelled checks.Pick out big ticket items on statements and ask for receiptfrom store.Do as much of your own forensic accounting as you can to help keep down your attorney fees. Cry on your friends' shoulders. Not your attorney. See a psychologist through your health plan. Hang in there and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">