• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lied on the license application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heathermarraffa

What is the name of your state? MA
I got married four years ago to a man who hid a lot of things about himself from me.
First of all he stated on the application that he had never been married before when he was actually a widower. I have no information about his deceased wife other than her first name however.
Secondly, after two month of marriage he got arrested for outstanding warrants and went to jail and I knew nothing of this history. I paid off his fines and stood by him until I found out that he also had a child that he never told me about.
We have been separated now for 27 month and I want to remarry.
My question is can I file for an annulment since he lied on the license? :confused:

LdiJ

heathermarraffa said:
What is the name of your state? MA
I got married four years ago to a man who hid a lot of things about himself from me.
First of all he stated on the application that he had never been married before when he was actually a widower. I have no information about his deceased wife other than her first name however.
Secondly, after two month of marriage he got arrested for outstanding warrants and went to jail and I knew nothing of this history. I paid off his fines and stood by him until I found out that he also had a child that he never told me about.
We have been separated now for 27 month and I want to remarry.
My question is can I file for an annulment since he lied on the license? :confused:
I have no idea whether or not you qualify for an annulment...however I will tell you that in general its quicker and easier to simply get a divorce.

heathermarraffa

LdiJ said:
I have no idea whether or not you qualify for an annulment...however I will tell you that in general its quicker and easier to simply get a divorce.
okay so if i am unemployed do i qualify for filing under indigency to wave the $220 filing fee?

LdiJ

heathermarraffa said:
okay so if i am unemployed do i qualify for filing under indigency to wave the $220 filing fee?
I can't answer that question, because every county in every state is different...but odds are that yes, being unemployed would qualify you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">