• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LIl Brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SJDSEDSC

What is the name of your state? South Carolina
Hi there, my brother is in the Airforce and is currently going through a seperation. I do understand that military divorce/ seperation is somewhat different than a "normal" one, however I do not know the specifics.
Anyhow, he filed for seperation a few months back and the first court date is approaching. She is not wanting the seperation he is, through his lawyer he had drawed up a agreement, in which he pays her first last month rent and other financial cost for the next 4 months. My brother has sold his land to pay off her financial debts, and to pay for the lawyers fees. She is Currently living in another home, off base, but still has legal access on base and
military benefits for the next year. Taking advantage of this situation she is now going to get gastro bypass surgery, and will need to be taken care while she recovers. She is going to stay back in his home, for at least one night, and some of the holiday.
He does not know whether this will cause a problem in court. His lawyer is on vacation for the holidays, so he can not get in touch with her.

My questions are.
Will this effect the seperation?
Is there a law that says the seperation is void if they stay under the same roof?
also aren't they suppose to avoid any type
of relationship with the oppisite sex for the next year?

Thanks
The Nosey SISter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">