• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living w/someone, need to divorce another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janiceodo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OKLAHOMA
:confused: :eek:
K, here goes.. I just moved to OK in Aug '05, been seperated from husband since '01 and living with someone since '02, want to get a divorce but...i read somewhere that in OK you have to be a resident so long before filing, then you can "cohabitate" with anyone for so long after..im confused, can they really not give you a divorce because you live with someone other than your husband? I have the do it yourself divorce kit, cause the divorce is totally uncontested, am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this rule of non cohabitating and what it really means to my divorce proceedings

LdiJ

janiceodo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OKLAHOMA
K, here goes.. I just moved to OK in Aug '05, been seperated from husband since '01 and living with someone since '02, want to get a divorce but...i read somewhere that in OK you have to be a resident so long before filing, then you can "cohabitate" with anyone for so long after..im confused, can they really not give you a divorce because you live with someone other than your husband? I have the do it yourself divorce kit, cause the divorce is totally uncontested, am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this rule of non cohabitating and what it really means to my divorce proceedings
You have to live there for 6 months before you become a legal resident of OK and can file for divorce. So, if you moved there Aug 15th (for example) you can't file until February 15th.

Don't worry about the co-habitating. Its a non-issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">