• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lock out? Delete? Change? Divorce ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Common

What is the name of your state? California

Please help on any of the above would be appreciated. I would like some advise but I can not complete the procedure required to recieve your advise. But what the hey, I still have a few more years before Social Security. Again I have not seen or heard from my husband in over 20 plus years. I am sure that he thinks we are truly divorced. But the divorce was refused because I mailed him the papers myself. Saving a little money on the "do it yourself" thing. The court took my filing fee and the Judge refused to grant the divorce. I lost husband's address. We were married for two whole months (together I mean legally). While he was in the Navy I was able to get his address and send him these papers to sign but he has been out of the Navy for some time now. Masybe I should just claim spousal benefits for the last 20 years. That would maybe would settle it. I just don't know. Thanks for your advise and I hope I have completed this thread correctly and I am able to receive your advise. Thanks.

ellencee

I can't understand what you are asking. If you are trying to find him by filing for Social Security benefits from his retirement account, post this in the Social Security section.

After 20 years, your ex may have divorced you and you are unaware of it. Have you checked courthouse records in the town where you resided when you married?

Have you checked Social Security Death Index, online, to see if he has died?

Have you checked the genealogy site, Family Search, sponsored by the Latter Day Saints? You can search his name, his parents' names, etc.

Hope something I said is of help.
EC

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You need to keep all of your posts together in one thread. Most people aren't going to bother searching through each of your posts in different threads to try and piece the information together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">