• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

looking for a way out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbie lynn

What is the name of your state?kentucky i am looking to get out of a very bad marriage my husband is very mentally abusive and controling. We have 2 boys 13 and 9 and we have been married for 13 yrs. We have a house and two vechicles my husband found out that he will be getting a large settlement from workman's comp 4 yrs ago he had a accident. I left my carreer to take care of him, after he was better i went back to school then he was in a another accident, I took a break to care for him after surgery and recovery, I finally graduated college but can not find a job that will suite him, he does not like to watch the kids all the time. So now that it is time for the money to come he wants a divorce and so do i but i think i should be in titled to something. He is not a nice person he talks to me like a dog calls me names in front of the kids, He don't care what they hear it's sad. I would like to know if there anything anybody can tell me ? Do i have any right to part of the money? Since it is a workman's comp settlement, It does not seem fair that i have done all the sacrificing and put up with the awful treatment for far too long. Can anyone give me advice?

Last edited:

LdiJ

robbie lynn said:
What is the name of your state?kentucky i am looking to get out of a very bad marriage my husband is very mentally abusive and controling we have 2 boys 13 and 9 and we have been married for 13 yrs we have a house and two vechicles my husband found out that he will be getting a large settlement from workman's comp 4 yrs ago he had a accident i left my carreer to take care of him after he was better i went back to school then he was in a another accident i took a break to care for him after surgery and recovery i finally graduated college but can not find a job that will suite him he does not like to watch the kids all the time so now that it is time for the money to come he wants a divorce and so do i but i think i should be in titled to something he is not a nice person he talks to me like a dog calls me names in front of the kids he don't care what they hear it's sad i would like to know if i am going to get any of his settlement or even get to keep my house please someone give me some advice (
The best advice I can give you is to get yourself a good attorney.

VeronicaGia

robbie lynn said:
What is the name of your state?kentucky i am looking to get out of a very bad marriage my husband is very mentally abusive and controling we have 2 boys 13 and 9 and we have been married for 13 yrs we have a house and two vechicles my husband found out that he will be getting a large settlement from workman's comp 4 yrs ago he had a accident i left my carreer to take care of him after he was better i went back to school then he was in a another accident i took a break to care for him after surgery and recovery i finally graduated college but can not find a job that will suite him he does not like to watch the kids all the time so now that it is time for the money to come he wants a divorce and so do i but i think i should be in titled to something he is not a nice person he talks to me like a dog calls me names in front of the kids he don't care what they hear it's sad i would like to know if there anything anybody can tell me ? do i have any right to part of the money since it is workman's comp settlement it does not seem fair i have done all the sacrificing and put up with the awful treatment for far too long can anyone give me advice
This may be considered his separate property. Please put periods at the end of your sentences. Your post is very hard to read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">