• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At a loss...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilc

What is the name of your state? Cali

I need to finalize my divorce after a LONG 9 year separation, so far costing me approx. $16,000.000, used 3 attorney's, 1 1/2 custody battles with our 4 kids, foreclosures, domestic violence charges, restraining orders, only to be told I'm at square 1. My husband has no regard for our judical system, our childrens well being, fairness, or ethics!

He has cashed in pensions, canceled health & life insurance policies for my children & myself, sold joint real estate assets fraudulently and those assets he couldn't snake from underneath me, he strong armed me with fear & intmidation. While in control of all of our joint assets, he allowed 2 properties to go into foreclosure, causing total financial ruin in my corner, all the while his credit is clean. He sends me 1099's for income I did not earn, and has convinced the IRS that we are no longer married, and now my income is garnished. He has bought & sold literally hundreds for real estate investments as an "unmarried man" or as a "single man", and managed to drop my name off of our real estate company because he felt like it.

He played homeless and hide money early on in the divorce to avoid paying any kind of child support, and exactly a year after I was awarded my children and living on $2,500.00 per month and getting evicted from my apartment, he sues me for a modification of custody, knowing I had absolutely no money to fight.

I can probably write a 6 volume Roots mini series! I need a divorce & don't even know where to begin. I'm at a loss...........Anyone?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

lilc said:
What is the name of your state? Cali

I need to finalize my divorce after a LONG 9 year separation, so far costing me approx. $16,000.000, used 3 attorney's, 1 1/2 custody battles with our 4 kids, foreclosures, domestic violence charges, restraining orders, only to be told I'm at square 1. My husband has no regard for our judical system, our childrens well being, fairness, or ethics!

He has cashed in pensions, canceled health & life insurance policies for my children & myself, sold joint real estate assets fraudulently and those assets he couldn't snake from underneath me, he strong armed me with fear & intmidation. While in control of all of our joint assets, he allowed 2 properties to go into foreclosure, causing total financial ruin in my corner, all the while his credit is clean. He sends me 1099's for income I did not earn, and has convinced the IRS that we are no longer married, and now my income is garnished. He has bought & sold literally hundreds for real estate investments as an "unmarried man" or as a "single man", and managed to drop my name off of our real estate company because he felt like it.

He played homeless and hide money early on in the divorce to avoid paying any kind of child support, and exactly a year after I was awarded my children and living on $2,500.00 per month and getting evicted from my apartment, he sues me for a modification of custody, knowing I had absolutely no money to fight.

I can probably write a 6 volume Roots mini series! I need a divorce & don't even know where to begin. I'm at a loss...........Anyone?

What do you expect from an internet forum?

What is/are your exact questions?

Where to begin is with a lawyer, but I guess you have already done that.

lilc

Thank you for your reply...breaking it down to small components makes much sense to me. I'm easily overwhelmed when I think of the whole picture. My first question would be

what first?

Tax attorney?
Child Support?
Property Division?

S

seniorjudge

lilc said:
Thank you for your reply...breaking it down to small components makes much sense to me. I'm easily overwhelmed when I think of the whole picture. My first question would be

what first?

Tax attorney?
Child Support?
Property Division?
You need to get a lawyer you trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">