• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lots of questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matthew2424

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx
I recently found out that my wife of 11 years has been having an affair with a married co worker for 2 and a half years. I saw the emails and confronted her. She admitted it, but lied about the duration. The person she was cheating with, his wife found out and he fessed up to her, she called me and told me about the duration. My wife then admitted the duration, which doesn't matter all that much to me now. We have one child 7 years old. I make about 65k a year and my wife make 120K. She refinanced the house last year with only her on the mortgage and both of us on the deed. My vehicle is titled and financed in my name only. Hers is titled in her name, but we are both on the loan docs. She pays the mortgage and utilities and I pay for school and childcare and all the other incidentals. She no longer has to pay for hotel rooms several times a week so she should have to extra money now.
What can I expect? I have a call into a lawyer here locally, but I wanted to as many opinions as possible.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx
I recently found out that my wife of 11 years has been having an affair with a married co worker for 2 and a half years. I saw the emails and confronted her. She admitted it, but lied about the duration. The person she was cheating with, his wife found out and he fessed up to her, she called me and told me about the duration. My wife then admitted the duration, which doesn't matter all that much to me now. We have one child 7 years old. I make about 65k a year and my wife make 120K. She refinanced the house last year with only her on the mortgage and both of us on the deed. My vehicle is titled and financed in my name only. Hers is titled in her name, but we are both on the loan docs. She pays the mortgage and utilities and I pay for school and childcare and all the other incidentals. She no longer has to pay for hotel rooms several times a week so she should have to extra money now.
What can I expect? I have a call into a lawyer here locally, but I wanted to as many opinions as possible.
What can you expect about what? If you get a divorce you will each get 1/2 of the marital assets and each be responsible for 1/2 of the marital debt.

One way or another you will share your child, and whoever gets primary custody will get child support from the other, based on state guidelines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">