• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Louisiana Divorce Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yelrose

i would like to know how long you have to be in the state of Louisiana, to file for divorce? does it have to be in the Parish you live in? what would happen if i take the my children out of an abusive situtation and move out of state, what do i need to do to protect my children and myself?

thankyou

usmcfamily

If the relationship is abusive you need to take your kids and yourself to the nearest battered women's shelter -- once there they will be able to put you in contact with attornies/legal advisers who can help you through the divorce process and answer all of your ?'s.......... I could answer you ?'s myself but the shelter really is your best option.....
Good luck and God Bless

ps.....please know that this advice comes from an abusive marriage survivor so I have been in your shoes and know of what I speak...........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">