• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Made the same mistake twice...now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

womanscorned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Hi,

My husband wanted a divorce about a year and a half ago. We got divorced.He never paid a dime of child support. Then he was going to join the military. Him and the recruiter convinced me that if we remarried ,the kids would get his support and benefits.After I remarried him he backed out of joining the service. We are penniless,he is abusive to the kids and me. Now, what are my options of getting my original divorce (custody,ect) decree back?

Thanks What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Hi,

My husband wanted a divorce about a year and a half ago. We got divorced.He never paid a dime of child support. Then he was going to join the military. Him and the recruiter convinced me that if we remarried ,the kids would get his support and benefits.After I remarried him he backed out of joining the service. We are penniless,he is abusive to the kids and me. Now, what are my options of getting my original divorce (custody,ect) decree back?

Thanks What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
You can't...you have to get divorced all over again. You will be starting from scratch. You were also completely set up. The children would have received his support and military benefits without you getting remarried.

Bali Hai

You can't...you have to get divorced all over again. You will be starting from scratch. You were also completely set up. The children would have received his support and military benefits without you getting remarried.
Does she have a lawsuit against the military?

LdiJ

Sorry, she doesn't have any such complaint. HE could possibly claim that he was defrauded into signing up, but she never signed up for the military, so she has no grounds.
Personally I think it was a complete set up. I cannot imagine a recruiter getting involved with whether or not a recruit was married, therefore I suspect that her husband somehow set it up.

Bali Hai

Sorry, she doesn't have any such complaint. HE could possibly claim that he was defrauded into signing up, but she never signed up for the military, so she has no grounds.
Well I guess the poor woman will just have to suffer through her second marriage or try to find a way to fund a divorce.

Bali Hai

Personally I think it was a complete set up. I cannot imagine a recruiter getting involved with whether or not a recruit was married, therefore I suspect that her husband somehow set it up.
That's why people like you should not be picked for jury duty.

Stop conjecturing and stick to the facts as presented:

Him and the recruiter convinced me that if we remarried ,the kids would get his support and benefits.

LdiJ

That's why people like you should not be picked for jury duty.

Stop conjecturing and stick to the facts as presented:

Him and the recruiter convinced me that if we remarried ,the kids would get his support and benefits.
I think that most likely the recruiter was a friend of the husband and they set her up...but hey, that's just what it looks like to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">