• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Made Up My Mind But I Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmpushia86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgetown, South Carolina (Georgetown County)

We have been separated for 3.5 years during a 4 year marriage. We have no kids, no assets, and no properties together. We both came to an agreement for a divorce during the separation but was both afraid of attorney fees, etc... that we both could not afford. We were trying to find ways in order to get a cheap divorce. I am just now learning that I could do the divorce myself. I have asked the clerk at the court house in my county for divorce papers but she said they don't carry them. Nonetheless she told me that I can get divorce papers over the internet or at book stores. I would like to ask, can someone refer me to a website who carries "easy to fill out" divorce papers that would be accepted in my state (Georgetown, South Carolina Georgetown County 29440)??? And I would like to also ask do I have to fill out the South Carolina Marital Settlement Agreement form being that we have no kids, no assets, properties, bank accounts, etc... together...? If I do have to fill out this form how do I answer to the questions that would ask me about assets we don't have...? Example:
C. OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY
Husband and Wife own the following other personal property to be divided as follows: (How do I answer this when we don't have any personal property together to be divided??? Do I just leave it blank???)
How do I answer to any Marital Settlement Agreement questions when we don't have anything together...? Honestly, we have never stayed/lived together. Please help me out because I am in need of crossing over the line without this barrier in my way. :confused:

mistoffolees

C. OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY
Husband and Wife own the following other personal property to be divided as follows: (How do I answer this when we don't have any personal property together to be divided??? Do I just leave it blank???)
I can't answer the rest, but for this one, just enter "none" where it asks for personal property to be divided. NEVER leave spaces blank unless it specifically says you can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">