• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Make My Own Judgement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

w4rmguy

Michigan

Hello. My wife filed for divorce a few months ago, and our status conference is scheduled for 3 weeks from now.

We have no children, assets, or property to dispute, and we are both mutual and settled on who is keeping what. I called the clerk of our judge in order to have the status conference changed to a pro con, which she said I can do the day of. But because neither my wife or I have attorneys, we would have to write our own judgement (I think the clerk said). It doesn't matter who does it, as long as it's official and signed by the both of us.

My question is, Is that the same thing as a summary judgement? And either way, how do I write it? I've been searching online for directions or examples, but can't find much. Hiring an attorney is out of the question, as I don't have the money for that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

w4rmguy

Thanks. I think what I may be needing to fill out is a settlement agreement. Maybe something more, I'm still looking to research on that. Any more insight by anyone would be helpful and appreciated!

BL

Thanks. I think what I may be needing to fill out is a settlement agreement. Maybe something more, I'm still looking to research on that. Any more insight by anyone would be helpful and appreciated!
Why didn't you do an uncontested ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">