• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malicioous destruction of property complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowsmore

What is the name of your state?MA

Hi,
my husband went through a hearig for malicious destruction of property. He has a lawyer, and I can not afford one. I was told by police prosecutor that there is more than enough evidence so I don't have to go to the hearing.

The judge found there is not enough evidence.

I still have as evidece these things: my husbands e-mails saying he destroyed my clothes; my destroyed clothes and some belongings; police report which is a bit vague but mentions destroyed property; two policemen who saw the desctruction in our home; two people who saw the destructon after it happened, one of whom is my brother; the neighbourhs who saw the thrown out torn stuff.

Provided that I have this evidence, but it was never presented,
do you think I should file criminal charges on my own now, so that I am paid for what I lost?

Are they going to be criminal, or civil charges?

Thank you.

ENASNI

hey

I don't know why but that always makes me giggle.

having sue and civil in the same sentence.

But methinks stealth is correct, its not criminal, its civil...

(or depending on amount, small claims?)

giggle :p

Last edited:

snowsmore

thanks for your responses.

The amount is 1,200 only, but it is all the clothes I had.

Do you know if it is possible to appeal the judge's decision?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Only if there was an error in law AND it's filed within the required time period (which is generally very short).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">