• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory Settlement Conference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inproperCA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA - West District, Santa Monica

My ex has a fancy law firm and I am in pro per. I finally got a trial date set in a couple months. I know I need to schedule a Mandatory Settlement Conference but have not been able to find out exactly how to do that. Does the court set a date? Do I fill-out some kind of form? Is this arranged through opposing counsel? Any advice would be appreciated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA - West District, Santa Monica

My ex has a fancy law firm and I am in pro per. I finally got a trial date set in a couple months. I know I need to schedule a Mandatory Settlement Conference but have not been able to find out exactly how to do that. Does the court set a date? Do I fill-out some kind of form? Is this arranged through opposing counsel? Any advice would be appreciated.
You should visit the self help center or family law facilitator's office at the appropriate court house for your county. They can help you with all of that.

W

Willlyjo

Your Mandatory Settlement Conference which usually takes place a month before trial, should have been calendared at the Case Management Conference. Did you have a Case Management Conference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">