• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marine with bad wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

razor22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
TEXAS

I am a marine who was deployed and i have pictures of my wife making out with another guy, and pictures of her having drinking parties while underage with other underage kids in her apartment. while on deployment she has spent about $3000 or more and did not take care of my car and i had to pay for all of its work. she told me first that she wanted a divorce but i do not want to let her run all over me like she has. she has admitted to me that she is attracted to another guy and that she has done drugs. also some of the kids that were at the parties witnessed this. what can i do, and what should i do?

LdiJ

TEXAS

I am a marine who was deployed and i have pictures of my wife making out with another guy, and pictures of her having drinking parties while underage with other underage kids in her apartment. while on deployment she has spent about $3000 or more and did not take care of my car and i had to pay for all of its work. she told me first that she wanted a divorce but i do not want to let her run all over me like she has. she has admitted to me that she is attracted to another guy and that she has done drugs. also some of the kids that were at the parties witnessed this. what can i do, and what should i do?
If you don't want to stay married to her, you should probably get a divorce. The family law judge isn't going to care about any of that unless you and she have a child and the child was present for the drinking parties. Even then, there is no guarantee that the judge will give that much weight.

Darthpaul

Were things o.k. between you and your wife before you left? This is terrible to have to deal with after being deployed. I feel for you, Marine.

Farfalla

Is your wife underaged?

If there are no children and no property to split it might be very easy and inexpensive to get a divorce. Sounds like she wants one too. Do you have famliy where she lives? If so maybe your family could take care of your car until you return to the USA.

Have you see JAG yet? they might be able to help you with this.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is your wife underaged?

If there are no children and no property to split it might be very easy and inexpensive to get a divorce. Sounds like she wants one too. Do you have famliy where she lives? If so maybe your family could take care of your car until you return to the USA.

Have you see JAG yet? they might be able to help you with this.
When was the car bought? If during the marriage then it is NOT his car. It is THEIR car.

Farfalla

When was the car bought? If during the marriage then it is NOT his car. It is THEIR car.
Of course this depends on when the car was bought.

The OP states it's his car. Perhaps he can clarify if it was purchased prior to marrige.

But of course we only have the info he gave us here.

acmb05

TEXAS

Immediately change your banking method so she does not have access to all of your pay while you are deployed. Time to start looking out for number one. Not much you can do while deployed or even when you come home on leave. You will have to wait till you are back in the states for an extended period. This is why you need to take care of the banking so yu have money when you get back.

Farfalla

Immediately change your banking method so she does not have access to all of your pay while you are deployed. Time to start looking out for number one. Not much you can do while deployed or even when you come home on leave. You will have to wait till you are back in the states for an extended period. This is why you need to take care of the banking so yu have money when you get back.
Why would he need to wait until he's in the state for an extended period?

I enlisted in the Army while I was married. After basic/AIT and my first assignment I took a couple of weeks vacation and came home to New Mexico. In the first week I found an attoney, told him the situation... we had no children and no property and I wanted a divorce ASAP. The attorney found a judge who would hear it. My husband met us at the court house, we saw the judge and the divorce was finalized that day.

I remarried to someone else in 2000. In 2005 he and I got a divorce. This time we did it ourselves. We did our own divorce papers ... no chidren were invovled. We filed the papers and signed a waiver of court appearances. A month later we got our finalize divorce in the mail.

When there is little or no marital property, no children, no issues of spousal maintenance, amicable spouses can usually obtain a quick divorce by making a divorce agreement and having a judge approve it.

However, there are special laws that apply to military members dealing with divorces in Texas. Which is why seeing JAG is a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">