+ Reply to Thread
    razor22 is offline Junior Member

marine with bad wife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    TEXAS

I am a marine who was deployed and i have pictures of my wife making out with another guy, and pictures of her having drinking parties while underage with other underage kids in her apartment. while on deployment she has spent about $3000 or more and did not take care of my car and i had to pay for all of its work. she told me first that she wanted a divorce but i do not want to let her run all over me like she has. she has admitted to me that she is attracted to another guy and that she has done drugs. also some of the kids that were at the parties witnessed this. what can i do, and what should i do?
    Blue Meanie is offline Senior Member
    also some of the kids that were at the parties witnessed this.
    What kids? Your children??
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor22 View Post
    TEXAS

I am a marine who was deployed and i have pictures of my wife making out with another guy, and pictures of her having drinking parties while underage with other underage kids in her apartment. while on deployment she has spent about $3000 or more and did not take care of my car and i had to pay for all of its work. she told me first that she wanted a divorce but i do not want to let her run all over me like she has. she has admitted to me that she is attracted to another guy and that she has done drugs. also some of the kids that were at the parties witnessed this. what can i do, and what should i do?
    If you don't want to stay married to her, you should probably get a divorce. The family law judge isn't going to care about any of that unless you and she have a child and the child was present for the drinking parties. Even then, there is no guarantee that the judge will give that much weight.
    Darthpaul is offline Junior Member
    Were things o.k. between you and your wife before you left? This is terrible to have to deal with after being deployed. I feel for you, Marine.
    Farfalla is offline Member
    Is your wife underaged?

If there are no children and no property to split it might be very easy and inexpensive to get a divorce. Sounds like she wants one too. Do you have famliy where she lives? If so maybe your family could take care of your car until you return to the USA.

Have you see JAG yet? they might be able to help you with this.
    Last edited by Farfalla; 06-29-2008 at 01:32 PM.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    Is your wife underaged?

If there are no children and no property to split it might be very easy and inexpensive to get a divorce. Sounds like she wants one too. Do you have famliy where she lives? If so maybe your family could take care of your car until you return to the USA.

Have you see JAG yet? they might be able to help you with this.
    When was the car bought? If during the marriage then it is NOT his car. It is THEIR car.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    When was the car bought? If during the marriage then it is NOT his car. It is THEIR car.
    Of course this depends on when the car was bought.

The OP states it's his car. Perhaps he can clarify if it was purchased prior to marrige.

But of course we only have the info he gave us here.
    acmb05 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor22 View Post
    TEXAS

Immediately change your banking method so she does not have access to all of your pay while you are deployed. Time to start looking out for number one. Not much you can do while deployed or even when you come home on leave. You will have to wait till you are back in the states for an extended period. This is why you need to take care of the banking so yu have money when you get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by acmb05 View Post
    Immediately change your banking method so she does not have access to all of your pay while you are deployed. Time to start looking out for number one. Not much you can do while deployed or even when you come home on leave. You will have to wait till you are back in the states for an extended period. This is why you need to take care of the banking so yu have money when you get back.
    Why would he need to wait until he's in the state for an extended period?

I enlisted in the Army while I was married. After basic/AIT and my first assignment I took a couple of weeks vacation and came home to New Mexico. In the first week I found an attoney, told him the situation... we had no children and no property and I wanted a divorce ASAP. The attorney found a judge who would hear it. My husband met us at the court house, we saw the judge and the divorce was finalized that day.

I remarried to someone else in 2000. In 2005 he and I got a divorce. This time we did it ourselves. We did our own divorce papers ... no chidren were invovled. We filed the papers and signed a waiver of court appearances. A month later we got our finalize divorce in the mail.

When there is little or no marital property, no children, no issues of spousal maintenance, amicable spouses can usually obtain a quick divorce by making a divorce agreement and having a judge approve it.

However, there are special laws that apply to military members dealing with divorces in Texas. Which is why seeing JAG is a good idea.