• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marital property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LisaAndrews36

What is the name of your state? pa - my marital agreement has been drawn up by my and my stbx has agreed to sign it. It says that he gets our big screen tv and a bar and that's it . this is after 1 1/2 years of fighting over the tv. i am a teacher and he went bankrupt in a business when i was married to him so i supported him. (payed all the bills). i have 2 children who will be very hurt over loosing the tv. he is ready to sign becase his girlfriend is pregnant. our fight was that he would fight for a portion of my retirement if I don't give him the tv. because of him being ready to sign i am thinking about telling him that if he wants to get rid of me. he'll have to let our children keep the tv. if he wants to be divorced, he'll keep fighting over trivial things. maybe that is my last chance to keep the tv. if I do this and it ends up going to court, will i have chances of keeping my retirement being that we were only married for 2 years? is it worth a shot for me to do this now?

stephenk

all this over a big screen TV????

you are right. go to court fight fight fight! the judge will be impressed over the arguments regarding the tv and how your kids will miss watching cartoons.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Somehow, I think the kids will live if they don't have a big screen tv. Get them involved in other activities - they'll be too busy to even miss it.

T

TickledPink

Trivial Pursuits??

I don't know how tight money is for you now with becoming head of household. I am contemplating divorce and thinking of how we can separate the towels hoping that he doesn't make a stink over it so I don't have to go out and buy new ones. When you go from two incomes to one, everything becomes a big deal.
However, your peace of mind is worth more than a tv. You can buy one second hand or put one in lay away somewhere. The more you make a big deal over the tv, the longer this will drag out for you and cause you more stress.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">