• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital Settlement Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawiep

What is the name of your state? CO

Just a quick one - If an item like say a laptop isn't listed on a Marital Settlement Agreement then does the person who currently has it there possession keep it with the other spouse having no claim on it coz it wasn't listed once the paperwork is filed? I only ask as I am filling out the Marital Settlement Agreement paperwork and it seems kinda petty to list everything in the house on the form :p

We've more or less agreed on who's getting what, or is that terribly naive - please forgive me as I'm new to all this bollox :eek:What is the name of your state?

CJane

I would assume, if it's not on the agreement, it's not to be divided... meaning you won't fight about it either. But it never hurts to be careful about anything of value (a laptop, for instance). My ex listed the kitchen garbage can and the food in the deep freeze...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">