• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maritial Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ropin15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If both of us wants the house but my spouse cannot afford to buy my interest in the home and cannot get refinanced, can she be forced to let me buy her out?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

If both of us wants the house but my spouse cannot afford to buy my interest in the home and cannot get refinanced, can she be forced to let me buy her out?
Yes, a judge can order her to allow you to buy her out...particularly if she cannot refinance to get your name off the mortgage and buy you out, and you CAN refinance to get her off the mortgage and buy her out.

Bali Hai

Yes, a judge can order her to allow you to buy her out...particularly if she cannot refinance to get your name off the mortgage and buy you out, and you CAN refinance to get her off the mortgage and buy her out.
Refinancing costs money, the wife should be responsible for half those costs and deducted from her share of the equity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">