• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeffsavage

We live in Virginia. Last June 2009, my daughter and her now husband applied and received a marriage license; they were married 2 to 3 days later that same month. My daughter discovered earlier this week, that her husband started an affair at his bachelor party in May of 2009 and has carried on this affair until the present date. We have written prove and he has admitted his guilt.

My question is, can this situation be considered marriage fraud, insofar as the married license was signed under false pretenses? And in addition to my daughter's settlement, can wedding expenses be reimbursed as a part of the settlement? Thanks,,,,Jeff

mistoffolees

We live in Virginia. Last June 2009, my daughter and her now husband applied and received a marriage license; they were married 2 to 3 days later that same month. My daughter discovered earlier this week, that her husband started an affair at his bachelor party in May of 2009 and has carried on this affair until the present date. We have written prove and he has admitted his guilt.

My question is, can this situation be considered marriage fraud, insofar as the married license was signed under false pretenses? And in addition to my daughter's settlement, can wedding expenses be reimbursed as a part of the settlement? Thanks,,,,Jeff
The law is unlikely to support that, but she can certainly ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">