• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage in India, Divorce in U.S.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chinx

My husband and I got married in India.
I joined him in Washington DC after 2 years of waiting and 2 weeks after I joined him, we decided to separate.

We have been living separately for the last 8 years. He in Washington D.C. and I in California. I am still dependent on his visa (A2). Is it possible to apply for divorce here in the U.S.?

How much grace period does my A2 visa offer to get remarried here in the U.S.? California.

LdiJ

My husband and I got married in India.
I joined him in Washington DC after 2 years of waiting and 2 weeks after I joined him, we decided to separate.

We have been living separately for the last 8 years. He in Washington D.C. and I in California. I am still dependent on his visa (A2). Is it possible to apply for divorce here in the U.S.?

How much grace period does my A2 visa offer to get remarried here in the U.S.? California.
You really should ask your question in the immigration forum. Its really an immigration question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">