• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this marriage legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meenamae

North Carolina, Craven County.

On October 22, 2006 I married a man. He took the paperwork and left the city and never filed it with the Clerk of Courts. The minister also never filed the paperwork. Now, I haven't seen or heard from my husband for two years or more. Are we legally married? Is there a statute of limitations on filing with the court? Thanks for your help.

Ozark_Sophist

North Carolina, Craven County.

On October 22, 2006 I married a man. He took the paperwork and left the city and never filed it with the Clerk of Courts. The minister also never filed the paperwork. Now, I haven't seen or heard from my husband for two years or more. Are we legally married? Is there a statute of limitations on filing with the court? Thanks for your help.
You should call and ask the court clerk. The areas I am familar with have a length of time the marriage license must be completed and returned (45 or 60 days off the top of my head).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">