• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marriage void?

• Thread starter unadulteratedly
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unadulteratedly

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

After a joint bill of divorce was filed in the State of Mississippi 12 years ago, Me and my ex assumed the divorce was final. Because we both were relocated soon after, the final papers or notice was never served. Our assuming led me to fill free about marrying. This I did. I just recently found out, the divorce was not finalized until four months later. My mate now, and I have had a very happy married relationship for ten years this June. We were married in a Church by a priest in Arkansas. Where we now recide, with our son who is nine. And my son from the first marriage. My ex marrried a year ago, and is a wonderful father to his son that lives with us. All is good in the world. UNTIL THIS.
Is my marriage in the state of Arkansas legal or void? Are We are recognized here as legal.

(holding my breath for all that is good.)

djohnson

Can you please be more specific with the dates from what I gather in your post you filed 12 years ago and married not quite 10 years ago but the divorce was final 4 months later. Later than what? after filing then no problem, after marriage then problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">