• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married an already married woman....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Highlife666

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am married and have been for 15 years. Some time after we were already married my wife told me that she was still married to another man!!!! In the 15 years of our marriage she never filed for divorce nor did she recieve any divorce papers. I tried to look it up on public records but they keep asking me to pay for them and I am a single dad of 4 and dont have the money right now. Please if anyone can help what can I do to get out of this marriage?

Isis1

I am married and have been for 15 years. Some time after we were already married my wife told me that she was still married to another man!!!! In the 15 years of our marriage she never filed for divorce nor did she recieve any divorce papers. I tried to look it up on public records but they keep asking me to pay for them and I am a single dad of 4 and dont have the money right now. Please if anyone can help what can I do to get out of this marriage?
you will need to consult an attorney. seriously.

Highlife666

I knkow I need a lawyer for this matter but Icant afford one right now, I really just need to find out if she is still married the public records search isnt telling me anything. I dont know much about computers if there is anyone out there willing to help I could give them her name and her husbands....??!!

Isis1

I knkow I need a lawyer for this matter but Icant afford one right now, I really just need to find out if she is still married the public records search isnt telling me anything. I dont know much about computers if there is anyone out there willing to help I could give them her name and her husbands....??!!
searches like that, come with a fee. cheapest way, is to get them directly from the court.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Those two statements are mutually exclusive.

Highlife666

I dont really know what you are trying to say in your response??? I am still married to my wife but we have been separated for almost a year now, she left all 4 of our children with me. All I need is to find out if she is still married so I can try to get up the money to get it anuled. I have tryed going to the web site for the county she got married in but I have to pay to view the records just want to know if anyone knkows of a different way to find this information out!! Thanks

LdiJ

I dont really know what you are trying to say in your response??? I am still married to my wife but we have been separated for almost a year now, she left all 4 of our children with me. All I need is to find out if she is still married so I can try to get up the money to get it anuled. I have tryed going to the web site for the county she got married in but I have to pay to view the records just want to know if anyone knkows of a different way to find this information out!! Thanks
Its quite possible that the first husband divorced her sometime in the last 15 years. Its also possible that he is not even living anymore. If he did divorce her it could have taken place literally anywhere, not necessarily in the county where they got married.

One thing you might do is try to hunt down the first husband and simply ask him if he divorced her.

Or...you could end the matter and simply divorce her yourself.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How long after finding out about the other marriage did you stay with her? When did you find out about the other marriage? Most likely you are looking at a DIVORCE and not an annulment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">