• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married in another country

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marjorie1

What is the name of your state? I am in Arizona on a working visa for a year now. I was married in the Philippines.I have an 11- year old son who' s still in the Philippines. My husband has been working in the Middle East for almost 10 years and he gets to go home in the Philippines once a year and stays for a month. It' s been so tiring and depressing. Twelve years of marriage and we are still strangers. I want to get a no- fault divorce. Is this possible?What are the procedures?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? I am in Arizona on a working visa for a year now. I was married in the Philippines.I have an 11- year old son who' s still in the Philippines. My husband has been working in the Middle East for almost 10 years and he gets to go home in the Philippines once a year and stays for a month. It' s been so tiring and depressing. Twelve years of marriage and we are still strangers. I want to get a no- fault divorce. Is this possible?What are the procedures?
Why is your son in the Philippines rather than with you or his father?

You can certainly get a divorce, but custody matters regarding your son cannot be handled by the US courts, because your son is not physically a resident of the US.

Personally, I would recommend doing alot of research regarding your son before taking any further steps, and that would be based in the law in the Philippines.

I would recommend using an attorney for the divorce. There may be complications if your husband isn't willing to fully cooperate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">