• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married but pregnant with another man's child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vannahbug45

I'm from Alabama. I'm married and left my husband 3 months ago, on May 29th. I started seeing someone and we live together. I have gotten pregnant and I havent been able to get the divorce yet. Does my husband have any rights to this baby? And if yes, then how can I make sure he doesn't and the only the father does?

Proserpina

I'm from Alabama. I'm married and left my husband 3 months ago, on May 29th. I started seeing someone and we live together. I have gotten pregnant and I havent been able to get the divorce yet. Does my husband have any rights to this baby? And if yes, then how can I make sure he doesn't and the only the father does?
Your husband will have to sign a paternity waiver, since he's considered the presumptive father. Doesn't look like Alabama has a tremendous amount of forms online, so you may need to go and find it yourself.

Shouldn't be too hard.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Your husband will have to sign a paternity waiver, since he's considered the presumptive father. Doesn't look like Alabama has a tremendous amount of forms online, so you may need to go and find it yourself.

Shouldn't be too hard.
I know some of my previous posts to this forum about Bama have links to what forms there are available online. OP can search for my posts or wait until I get back to the real PC later this week. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">