• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married less than 2 months and need divorce.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

docv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

My daughter just moved back in with us (in Texas) after being married for less than 2 months. She left her husband (in Missouri) after finding out he was unfaithful after only 3 weeks. They have no assets, no children, no income (neither have worked at all during the marriage) and they lived in separate places the entire marriage. We live in Texas but she'd prefer to get this done without having to wait the 6 months to establish Texas residency. Does MO have "collaborative divorce" or simply mediated divorce? Can that be collaborative or mediated be done using remote video conferencing or will she need to go back to MO to file and complete the process?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

My daughter just moved back in with us (in Texas) after being married for less than 2 months. She left her husband (in Missouri) after finding out he was unfaithful after only 3 weeks. They have no assets, no children, no income (neither have worked at all during the marriage) and they lived in separate places the entire marriage. We live in Texas but she'd prefer to get this done without having to wait the 6 months to establish Texas residency. Does MO have "collaborative divorce" or simply mediated divorce? Can that be collaborative or mediated be done using remote video conferencing or will she need to go back to MO to file and complete the process?
Your Daughter should post for herself. :rolleyes:

Ladyback1

My, what a helpful and friendly response. Excuse me for attempting to assist my daughter with her search for information.
Most learned posters on here prefer dealing with an actual party to the issue--not a third party.
Often times, in order to assist, certain questions are asked and it is best if the person who needs help asks those questions...

sorry if that offends you ...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My, what a helpful and friendly response. Excuse me for attempting to assist my daughter with her search for information.
Ladyback answered this quite nicely. At the end of the day, it is your daughter's marriage, and she should be capable of dealing with its demise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">