• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married Man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

admac

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
My friend slept with/dated a married man but didn't know he was married until his wife called her. His wife asked for all e-mails, pictures, letters, etc. between my friend and the married man. My friend doesn't want to go to court and be in the middle of their divorce. Should she give the wife all the proof? Can the wife make my friend go to court?

djohnson

She can be subpoenaed and compelled to testify. Maybe if the wife has everything as proof, it won't come to that the husband will just give in.

cc423

In some states (such as Ohio) the party who has been the victim, can bring a lawsuit against the "other person" who they feel destroyed their marriage. However, they have to prove the "other person" knew about the marriage and had intent to destroy it.
I think I would tell her to wait for that court order in case your state is one that allows such suits.

VeronicaGia

admac said:
What is the name of your state? Mississippi
My friend slept with/dated a married man but didn't know he was married until his wife called her. His wife asked for all e-mails, pictures, letters, etc. between my friend and the married man. My friend doesn't want to go to court and be in the middle of their divorce. Should she give the wife all the proof? Can the wife make my friend go to court?
So tell the wife you have no e-mail, pictures or letters and tell her to leave you alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">