• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married only one month, and want out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennifershy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I got married about 35 days ago and my husband and I are not living together, in fact were in different countries due to military. I want to get an annulment, (we did not get married in a church) but does this still require a divorce? Since marriage I have been prescribed anxiety/depression medication, and at the time of marriage I wasn't thinking correctly. I need the quickest way to get this overwith and hopefully can void the marriage without going through a proper divorce, we share NO property, or money, have NO kids, I haven't even changed my last name. Thank you for your help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is your state of residence? What is the grounds for the annulment because I am not seeing any.

mistoffolees

What is your state of residence? What is the grounds for the annulment because I am not seeing any.
If she was not thinking clearly at the time, would that count as 'lacking the mental capacity to enter a marriage"?

It probably doesn't matter - she should just get the divorce and be done with it, even if she can find grounds for annulment.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If she was not thinking clearly at the time, would that count as 'lacking the mental capacity to enter a marriage"?

It probably doesn't matter - she should just get the divorce and be done with it, even if she can find grounds for annulment.
No -- not thinking clearly doesn't equal lacking the mental capacity to enter a marriage.

sallylong

You should go ahead and file for divorce. It is much more difficult to get an annulment. In VA, your divorce would be final in six months as you have no children.

VeronicaLodge

uh she is not in VA... if we are just spouting off what other states have, in tn you could be divorced in 60 days with no kids

jennifershy

Young people should not get married

:cool:we decided to stay together :) thanks for arguing with eachother and giving me no advice though. :cool:

mistoffolees

Young people should not get married
It actually has little to do with age. I know a lot of couples who got married in their teens and have been together 25 years or more (my grandparents made it past 60 years).

Immature people shouldn't get married, but there are immature people of all ages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">