• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

breelee

What is the name of your state?
ky
I got divorced in april 2004. When i got divorced my ex husban had medical bills and it is stated in our divorce papers that he will pay them. Bill collecters are calling me and are trying to get me to pay them. They are telling me that i am still responeable for the bills because we where married when the bills where acuired. They keep saying they are going to take action aganist me. Am i liable for the bills?

seniorjudge

breelee said:
ky
I got divorced in april 2004. When i got divorced my ex husban had medical bills and it is stated in our divorce papers that he will pay them. Bill collecters are calling me and are trying to get me to pay them. They are telling me that i am still responeable for the bills because we where married when the bills where acuired. They keep saying they are going to take action aganist me. Am i liable for the bills?
Don't talk to those bill collectors.

UNLESS

you agreed to pay for them, you are not responsible for them.

LdiJ

breelee said:
ky
Did you sign a statement of responsibility on the bills when you were at the hospital? If you did, you may be liable. Otherwise, you can fight it if they actually try to take you to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">