• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Bills After Seperation-Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlynn2

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband has been moved out of the house since 9/04. I filed for Divorce in January 2005. We have a court date in March.

My question is- Am I responisble for any bills he runs up since we have been seperated? Or -Does the date of non-responsibilty begin at the time of filing for Divorce? Or- Does my responsibility not end until the Divorce is final?

I pay for his medical, car and motorcycle insurance.

I want to cancel the medical,(I dont want to get stuck with his bills) I know I have to keep the car insured because my name is on it, but he bought the motorcycle after we were seperated.

I want to quit paying for this person. I receive no child support for our two children.

VeronicaGia

dlynn2 said:

My husband has been moved out of the house since 9/04. I filed for Divorce in January 2005. We have a court date in March.

My question is- Am I responisble for any bills he runs up since we have been seperated? Or -Does the date of non-responsibilty begin at the time of filing for Divorce? Or- Does my responsibility not end until the Divorce is final?

I want to cancel the medical,(I dont want to get stuck with his bills) I know I have to keep the car insured because my name is on it, but he bought the motorcycle after we were seperated.

I want to quit paying for this person. I receive no child support for our two children.
Canceling his medical can get you into a heap of trouble. If he's not court ordered to pay support, he doesn't have to pay.

Wait for the judge to decide what you can and cannot do.

LdiJ

dlynn2 said:

Why the heck are you paying for his motorcycle insurance if he bought it after you were separated?

The other poster is right....you could get in a heap of trouble for canceling his medical insurance so DO NOT do that until your divorce is final or a judge says that you can. You are less likely to get stuck with his bills if you DON'T cancel the insurance than if you do.

dlynn2

The court date is Thursday so I will be cancelling the motorcycle and if all goes well the medical insurance. He may try to block the divorce somehow. He thinks he is a "legal eagle", not. He may try to pull some incompetance defense on the uncontested divorce paperwork that has already been signed and notorized. His shrink has told him he may be able to put off the divorce if it can cause him to go deeper into depression and try to kill himself again, which he really didnt try to do, just supposedly thought about. I sure would liek to quit paying for that shrink. Lets make the wife with three kids pay for the dead beat dad and make her go nuts so everybody loses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">