• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meeting with attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WilliamReuben

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm meeting with an attorney for an initial consultation. I haven't decided definitely to file for divorce, but want to know what to do/expect/what rights I have if we go that route.

What can I expect during the initial consultation? Do I need to bring any specific information with me?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm meeting with an attorney for an initial consultation. I haven't decided definitely to file for divorce, but want to know what to do/expect/what rights I have if we go that route.

What can I expect during the initial consultation? Do I need to bring any specific information with me?
You should be prepared to tell your story, in detail, and to ask your questions.

WilliamReuben

I'm not sure what kind of questions to ask - I guess I was hoping for some help with that?

Aside from asking how much this will cost me and if I can get some kind of payment plan, I have no idea on what kinds of things I should worry about/ask about.

My main concerns are about our son and financial situation. I'm assuming that those topics will be covered, whether I ask questions about them or not?

LdiJ

I'm not sure what kind of questions to ask - I guess I was hoping for some help with that?

Aside from asking how much this will cost me and if I can get some kind of payment plan, I have no idea on what kinds of things I should worry about/ask about.

My main concerns are about our son and financial situation. I'm assuming that those topics will be covered, whether I ask questions about them or not?
Just tell your story in detail, giving the relevant information regarding your marital finances and your child. You ask questions regarding the overall process and the issues that most concern you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">