• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

messed up.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stocklover

This will probably be my first and only post here but any help will let me sleep a little better tonight. Here is the situation, My mom and dad got divorced about 3 years ago. Well last week I was home from college and my dad was pulled over and arrested. He had a warrent for his arrest for rape. I could not believe it. My mother claims that he raped her 3 years ago. Our family is very high thought of in the community and this has killed my grandparents. My mom is doing this because she is so mad at him still, he cheated on her and she has every right to be mad but this is crossing the line. What are the chances of my father being convicted and is there anything I should do such as contact the D.A. and tell him how I see things? Any legal advice is MORE than welcome, as you can imagine my dad is pissed and is about to spend a lot of money on lawyers. Thanks for your help. I live in Alabama.

LdiJ

stocklover said:
This will probably be my first and only post here but any help will let me sleep a little better tonight. Here is the situation, My mom and dad got divorced about 3 years ago. Well last week I was home from college and my dad was pulled over and arrested. He had a warrent for his arrest for rape. I could not believe it. My mother claims that he raped her 3 years ago. Our family is very high thought of in the community and this has killed my grandparents. My mom is doing this because she is so mad at him still, he cheated on her and she has every right to be mad but this is crossing the line. What are the chances of my father being convicted and is there anything I should do such as contact the D.A. and tell him how I see things? Any legal advice is MORE than welcome, as you can imagine my dad is pissed and is about to spend a lot of money on lawyers. Thanks for your help. I live in Alabama.
You can't help your parents on this one. You aren't privy to the private parts of what went on between the two of them....and a DA honestly can't use you as an unbiased witness. I understand that the situation is hard to deal with....but unless you are 100% sure of the truth, its probably best that you don't take sides.

stocklover

thanks for the quick reply but how can they prove he raped her 3 years ago??? I ment to post that earlier. I just don't see how this can be proved. The only reason I side with my dad is because my mom is obsessed with him in every way. If she is missing a pair of shoes she thinks my dad broke in the house and stole them. I wish I was exagerating but this happens WEEKLY. I love my mother but she is a little crazy. Back to my question though, what physical evidence could they get even if he did do this.....I really don't see how this can go to trial.

No legal advice from me just helpful I hope?

Sometimes when parents get divorced it gets very personal for them but you have to know it's not about you.. I have raised 4 teenagers with one not quite there yet.. There could be a lot you don't know about from either side. It is best for you and both of them that you sit back and just let them work this out alone.. It may appear one side is getting a worse deal then the other but I doubt you can help that unless you were there. If the courts need your input they will ask you for it. I applaud you for the concern for your father but as I said you have no idea what went on.. I mean this with sincerity and hope the best for you and your parents.. This too shall pass. I have no legal advice as I am not knowlegdeable but I am with teenagers, so I am just throwing my two cents your way, of course you can take it or leave it.. Good luck to both your parents and your relationship..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">