• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messy Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Verna Romans

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Indiana,,My daughter is going thru a messy divorce with the most shady,sneaky,underhanded ,lying,person that walks the earth,,,and he manages to find a lawyer just like him,,This guy is so bad,, he would tell my daughter to buy wood, or fencing, or something for the farm,,and he would return it the next day and put the money in his pocket,,and then tell her they needed more,,He claims disability,,but she has pictures of him working horses, hooking up buggies, welding and making hauling trailers,,that he would sell under the table,,and pocket the money,,he never helped her pay the bills,,at anytime,,,,He would sneak her belongings off the propertyduring the divorce so he could keep it,,,He has strung it out for 7-8 months so that he can get more out of her,,He wanted to live under the same roof ,during the seperation,,,he broke into her truck one night and stole a camera disk that incriminates him, and "OLD HENRY" collector rifle, (he can't have because he's a felon,,((Theft)),and about 10k of money and old coind my daughter had collected since she was a teenager,,,she had them locked in her truck because she was afraid he would do that,,,she called the police and he called his lawyer ,at midnight,,well he smelt money and came running,,,He finally admitted he took it,,,but the lawyer said he didn't have to give it back,,,so the lawyer took it to "His Safe",,til the divorce is final,,This is just the highlights ,,he has a girlfriend,,he gets the house ,,,well long story short,,,she had to get out and take her half,,and her personal belongings with her,,,Incidentally,,she has 2 boxes full of receipts,,where most all of it is in her name,,,and he couldn't prove anything,,but poor, poor disabled me!! and there is also a protective order and domestic battery charges,, he's so disabled he could beat her up and drag her around by the hair,,,Well She complied and got out,,took the right stuff, and gave over the house at the proper time,,,,the divorce was signed off on and is suppose to be final,,,But they hem hawed around and didn't get her "stuff together" so they said,,,and now he says they don't have to give it back,, because she took the wrong things,,out of the house!!! They are holding her money and belongings hostage,,,,Can she file contempt charges or a civil suit, or what exactly is her recourse,,,she had to file Bankruptcy,,because of his medical bills on her paycheck he refused to pay,,,,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

For starters, if you want help, post only the relevant facts. No one here is really interested in whether you consider the guy to be a bum or not.

What are the facts relevant to your question? Specifically:

- What does the divorce decree say about the items in question?
- Has she complied 100% with what the court order says she has to do?
- What exactly does the court order say that he is supposed to do that he hasn't done?

Once you answer those questions (without all the whining about how your daughter has such lousy taste that she married a bum), maybe you can get an answer.

Verna Romans

Excuse Me!!!I wasn't so called,,whining, about any opinion I have of this person, that would be irrelevant,,,I was stating the facts of the type of character he is,,and how he disregards everything, but the things for him,,
The decree says she is to get her belonging back,,,when he got the house,,which did not happen,,,like I said,,,,he wants to hold it hostage,,,,if you could read what I said ,,without worring about being so sarcastic,,,and judgemental,,about what my daughter married,,,,,
they agreed out of court that she gets her personal belongings,,,and they listed certain items that were his and certain items that were hers,,,which is exactlty what she took ,,,nothing more nothing less,,,Sorry you have such a problem with me stating what we are dealing with,,,,It would be very immature of me to just get on here to call someone names,,,I wanted real and serious answers,,,what is her recourse,,,If you know!!!!
Thank You,,

mistoffolees

Excuse Me!!!I wasn't so called,,whining, about any opinion I have of this person, that would be irrelevant,,,I was stating the facts of the type of character he is,,and how he disregards everything, but the things for him,,
The decree says she is to get her belonging back,,,when he got the house,,which did not happen,,,like I said,,,,he wants to hold it hostage,,,,if you could read what I said ,,without worring about being so sarcastic,,,and judgemental,,about what my daughter married,,,,,
they agreed out of court that she gets her personal belongings,,,and they listed certain items that were his and certain items that were hers,,,which is exactlty what she took ,,,nothing more nothing less,,,Sorry you have such a problem with me stating what we are dealing with,,,,It would be very immature of me to just get on here to call someone names,,,I wanted real and serious answers,,,what is her recourse,,,If you know!!!!
Thank You,,
You still haven't answered my questions.

SPECIFICALLY, what are you talking about? All the whining is irrelevant-just provide the facts. And learn to write proper English with appropriate punctuation if you're looking for help.

Bottom line is that if he has violated a final court order, she can file for him to be held in contempt - but since you refuse to answer the questions, it's impossible to say whether that applies or not.

Verna Romans

Messy divorce

Maybe you need to learn how to read ,,,,I did answer your questions,,,and if you want to talk about grammar,,,What question did you skim over that you don't think I answered?...Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
No wander you are online,,,If you were face to face with people ,,with that attitude you would be fired,,,with a capital F,,,
Thank You Again

mistoffolees

Maybe you need to learn how to read ,,,,I did answer your questions,,,and if you want to talk about grammar,,,What question did you skim over that you don't think I answered?...Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
No wander you are online,,,If you were face to face with people ,,with that attitude you would be fired,,,with a capital F,,,
Thank You Again
Maybe it's the word 'specifically' that you don't understand. Find a dictionary and look it up.

And drop the personal attacks since you're looking for free help from a site populated with people who volunteer their time to help people.

Verna Romans

Sorry,, But Specifically most people who volunteer don't have such a nasty attitude, when trying to help people,,,What ever I said that offended you was not meant to be,,,,I did not realize you would take it so personally,,,,,
so,,,,you didn't say what question it was specifically, that I did not answer,,
Can we continue,,,or should I just move on to the next site,, to talk to someone, civilly,,
Thanks Anyway

Silverplum

Misto was not even remotely "nasty" to you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: He gave you more chances than many advisors would, and was quite polite about it.

This is not even your business. It's your daughter's. Help her get an attorney, if you really want to help her.

Sorry,, But Specifically most people who volunteer don't have such a nasty attitude, when trying to help people,,,What ever I said that offended you was not meant to be,,,,I did not realize you would take it so personally,,,,,
so,,,,you didn't say what question it was specifically, that I did not answer,,
Can we continue,,,or should I just move on to the next site,, to talk to someone, civilly,,
Thanks Anyway

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Great job on raising kiddo there...excellent way to teach judgement...

(How's THAT for nasty?) :rolleyes:

Verna Romans

Evidentally you did not read the whole thing,,,,so I guess I'll just move on ,,,,you people would rather argue over how I said something and throw insults, than answer the questions I asked,,,I see ,,,Oh nevermind I'll be nice,,
for your information she had an Attorney,,
Thanks Anyway Sorry to bother you all on such a bad day!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">