• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messy Situation...Please Assist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I lost my job and was forced to move to Nevada. While I am down here, my wife wants to get a divorce. I agree and now I do not know where to file. I have been living in UTAH for 10 years and in Las Vegas, NV for a few motnhs now. I have both of our childeren enrolled in school in NV and I am a legal resident of this state. Also, we were married 12 years ago, here, in LAs Vegas.

Please assist?

:confused:

VeronicaGia

Once you check the residency requirements, you should file for divorce, custody and support. You will also want to find out if they will waive the residency requirements. You may want to go to the county courthouse (call them) and find out if you can file now.

An excellent website for fathers: www.deltabravo.net

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">