• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mexican divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jami123

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California
I have sort of an odd situation. I am trying to find proof of why a mexican divorce is not a legal form of seperation in California. I made the unfortunate mistake of getting a mexican divorce from my first husband. It ended up causing major problems in my present marriage. I remarried after recieving the divorce. I tryed to go throught the immagration process with my current husband, and was informed the the mexican divorce was not legal by the immigration officer. After receiving this information I tryed to get my current marriage annulled so we can legally marry, but during the annullment process I was informed by the judge that the divorce appeared legal to her. She then told me that she needed more proof of why the mexican divorce was not legal. I am trying to find the information/proof I need to give the judge. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appriciated

LdiJ

jami123 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?California
I have sort of an odd situation. I am trying to find proof of why a mexican divorce is not a legal form of seperation in California. I made the unfortunate mistake of getting a mexican divorce from my first husband. It ended up causing major problems in my present marriage. I remarried after recieving the divorce. I tryed to go throught the immagration process with my current husband, and was informed the the mexican divorce was not legal by the immigration officer. After receiving this information I tryed to get my current marriage annulled so we can legally marry, but during the annullment process I was informed by the judge that the divorce appeared legal to her. She then told me that she needed more proof of why the mexican divorce was not legal. I am trying to find the information/proof I need to give the judge. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appriciated
I would think that a judge's opinion of whether or not your divorce was legal would hold a great deal more weight than an immigration officer's opinion. Talk to an attorney please, but it would seem to me that getting a judge to rule that your divorce was indeed legal would be the simplest solution to your problem.

jami123

You would think that was the simplest answer, but even if the judge says it is legal the immagration office will not except it so, that makes it impossible for us to go throught the immagration process. That is why I am trying to get proof that it is illegal.

LdiJ

jami123 said:
You would think that was the simplest answer, but even if the judge says it is legal the immagration office will not except it so, that makes it impossible for us to go throught the immagration process. That is why I am trying to get proof that it is illegal.
You need to hire an immigration attorney....Even the immigration office does not have the right to buck a court ruling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">