• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mexican divorce legal or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlushingAngel

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I went through an attorney in Canada, who in turn went through a stateside one, sending my papers to Mexico for my divorce... I didn't know it until after getting the papers. Since I have had one lawyer say it is not worth the paper it is written on and one say it is legal and Social Security just told me they do not recognize it. I have married again and now need to know if it is legal or if I am still married to the one in the divorce mentioned above. If this last marriage is not legal do I still have to go through another divorce or what. Please help this lost lady. thanks

rmet4nzkx

There are some requirements for a Mexican divorce to be legal, we cannot say based on wht you have told us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">