• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Migratory status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? COLORADO

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YRS. I HELPED MY HUSBAND LEGALIZE HIS MIGRATORY STATUS HERE IN THE U.S. HE HAS NOW A 2 YEAR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE, IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS HE WILL GET HIS PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN AFTER THAT. IF WE GET DICORCED NOW HOW WILL THAT AFFECT HIS STATUS?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YRS. I HELPED MY HUSBAND LEGALIZE HIS MIGRATORY STATUS HERE IN THE U.S. HE HAS NOW A 2 YEAR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE, IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS HE WILL GET HIS PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN AFTER THAT. IF WE GET DICORCED NOW HOW WILL THAT AFFECT HIS STATUS?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You should post this under the immigration forum.

Bali Hai

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YRS. I HELPED MY HUSBAND LEGALIZE HIS MIGRATORY STATUS HERE IN THE U.S. HE HAS NOW A 2 YEAR TEMPORARY RESIDENCE, IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS HE WILL GET HIS PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN AFTER THAT.

You won't know if he will get a permanent green card or not. He has to apply for that and meet the criteria. It's not automatic and he will have a ways to go before he can become a US citizen.

IF WE GET DICORCED NOW HOW WILL THAT AFFECT HIS STATUS?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If it's determined that you married fraudulently for the purpose of him gaining entry to the US, he will be deported and you will pay what you committed to the US government when you sponsored him i.e. his support, deportation proceedings and his ticket back to the country he came from.

If there are other circumstances, ask an immigration attorney for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">