• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military advice NEEDED!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadinwi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

So, long story trying to be short.

My husband is a CPT in the WI NG. I physically saw him have sex with the S3 in his unit who is a LT and works for him on Dec 12. After that, him and I are working on a legal seperation. He is deploying in May for a year to Iraq, with this girl. He moved out a couple of weeks ago into an apartment. Last night I got a phone call from a friend who saw him and her shopping at walmart together. I went to the apartment and caught them there, alone, together. Drinking, making dinner, and she brought over movies for them to watch. All three of the above was admitted. Needless to say, many words were exchanged. She left scared to death and called their Battalion Commander herself to say she was alone with Cpt Dick and that his wife came and is threatening to ruin their careers. The BC then called my husband to say they needed to talk first thing Tuesday (they have Monday off for President's Day.) I also have confirmation in my cell phone in conversation with my husband last night of him having sex with her and what happened last night. NOW, I know I'm angry and need to think things through before I attempt to ruin both of their military lives, but can anyone tell me what would happen if I reported all of this? He is an AGR soldier. She is and has been on ADSW orders for many months now working literally 5 feet away from him all day every day. Would he loose his AGR tour? Would her orders be canceled? Would they both still MOB together in May? Would they stay in the same unit? Would either get totally kicked out or loose rank? Can anyone tell me what would happen in this situation?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

So, long story trying to be short.

My husband is a CPT in the WI NG. I physically saw him have sex with the S3 in his unit who is a LT and works for him on Dec 12. After that, him and I are working on a legal seperation. He is deploying in May for a year to Iraq, with this girl. He moved out a couple of weeks ago into an apartment. Last night I got a phone call from a friend who saw him and her shopping at walmart together. I went to the apartment and caught them there, alone, together. Drinking, making dinner, and she brought over movies for them to watch. All three of the above was admitted. Needless to say, many words were exchanged. She left scared to death and called their Battalion Commander herself to say she was alone with Cpt Dick and that his wife came and is threatening to ruin their careers. The BC then called my husband to say they needed to talk first thing Tuesday (they have Monday off for President's Day.) I also have confirmation in my cell phone in conversation with my husband last night of him having sex with her and what happened last night. NOW, I know I'm angry and need to think things through before I attempt to ruin both of their military lives, but can anyone tell me what would happen if I reported all of this? He is an AGR soldier. She is and has been on ADSW orders for many months now working literally 5 feet away from him all day every day. Would he loose his AGR tour? Would her orders be canceled? Would they both still MOB together in May? Would they stay in the same unit? Would either get totally kicked out or loose rank? Can anyone tell me what would happen in this situation?
No one can tell you for sure what WOULD happen, but the worst case scenario is that they could both be dishonorably discharged and lose everything.

curiousB

It's technically conduct unbecoming an officer, a moral issue, and a fraternization issue. Realistically, with the way troops are needed in Iraq if this is a first offense they'll likely be reprimanded and transfers made. Of course if he has a good relationship with the CO it's more than likely this will be passed off as a jealous angry spouse acting out in the middle of a divorce and he'll be told to be more discreet in the future.

Sounds like the marriage is over, better to walk away from it than start a cycle of getting even. There's nothing that says you're going to get the last laugh.

ouecreole

hmmm..

well, i am a military wife also and i completely understand your issue...
but, i must say as disappointing as it is.. and true the military is not like it use to be.. if one was enlisted maybe there would be more "punishment".. however, unless you have solid proof and they both admit the affair (and even then) i think you will find that very little will happen! and a dishonorable discharge use to be the standard.. not anymore...

its up to you! what do you want out to happen? and how far are you willing to go with the issue! that's the question. you just may be disappointed!

i know an officer whose wife caught him online having sex with groups of people and the military didnt do &)()*)$()...
so, its not a black and white thing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">