• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military devorce please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dralan552

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have been in the military for a little over 6 years and have been married this comming up may for 4 years, we have 2 children... Our son (the oldest) I legally adopted through an attorney we hired soon after our marrage... We were married in Kentucky.... I have recently returned from Iraq (sep 12th 09) but prior to returning she has admited to me that we have no money in our savings account and that she took jacob to see his biological father.. she also told me that he came to MY house.. she admits that she has feelings for him... When i returned from Iraq i signed us up for marrage counseling, but she has pretty much givin up on everything, and is refusing to go to marrage counseling... she hasnt worked in 3 years...

If this devorce happens what will happen to my children? is not bringing another man into my house wrong? how does property get devided if ive payed for (and still am paying for) most of it... she brought some furnature (couch and bed etc..) into the marrage....

she has already spoken to an attorney who said that my deployment could count as our "year" seperation...

im just confused on everything and i want to see my kids, she aggrees to joint custody but i cant afford child care... she would have to because she would be moving in with her mom

thankyou for any help and im sorry for ranting

Roy

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">