• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military,divorce,lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FLJan

What is the name of your state? Florida

My son is in the AirForce, been married 2 yrs and has a baby 23 months. June 11 my son's wife walked out on him, 1 month later filed for divorce, he received the papers, took them to a lawyer, told him 2 things to get changed, (which he did) so he signed the papers. He is the primary care person for their child. She worked up untill i guess 2 months ago, my son tried to call her to see where things stood, and was informed that she quit her job. He has no idea where she was. He hasn't received any papers on anything, so my husband and i went online to see if the papers had been filed, and it showed that there was a final judgment and we also found out she married 8 days later to another man.
My son thought that he would have a chance to talk to the judge and modify things for she hasn't had any contact with my son or their son in 2 months, is that grounds for abadoment? I really need help on this one. What can my son do now? We also belive that she is pregnant, which the man she married is also in the AirForce. We really need some advice!

Jan

ellencee

You can't just talk to a judge and modify things--the complaint has to be modified, which allows the other side to have a say in the matter.
Your son, and you, need to let go of her having married someone else, pregnant or not, Air Force or not.
If he has his son and if he has custody with her having visitation, then all is well and good.
A change in circumstances such as affect visitation, support, etc. are needed before a modification can be requested. Sometimes there is a minimum amount of time that has to have passed before the court will accept a complaint requesting modification, usually two years. Two months is a relatively short period of time to see how the current order works out.
It would have served your son well to have kept up with the divorce and custody proceedings and been in court when the case was heard. Oh well, at least he has the child and is caring for his child; and the child has a loving and committed grandmother. Things could be much worse!!

F

FLJan

Thank you Jr for your response, but it's not a matter of letting go ect. I could care less about her getting married to another man, my concern is that i was led to believe that Military MEN/WOMEN have a higher standard then us civillians!!!!! What she done is bad, but with him being in the service he crossed a line that he shouldn't have.! But military law will take care of that one!
I'm just concerned about the agreement that she made at the begining, she is suppose to pay my son $200.00 a month,which was suppose to start the 1st of Sept. She made 1 payment and none since.and being that she quit her job, and she i assume seen the judge, there is no telling what is in the final divorce decree!
BUTTTTTTT the main concern is she does have rights to see her son, but has made NO attempt to do so in almost 9 weeks, and we just found out today that she told her best friend, that my grandbaby she didn't want and he made her stressed out.!! What a mom huh? Oh well time is on our side.!

FLJan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">