• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military ex-spouse retirement pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vettechgella@gm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I was married to a navy man for 14 years. He told me that i would only get $ 400.00 A MONTH retirement pay since he made senior chief and would be frocked but not recieve the pay until after we would be divorced. Also, I was supposed to see his tax returns every year and recieve cost of living raises of which he refuses to do either. How do i correct all this???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What exactly does your court order state regarding alimony? Property distribution? Retirement is a property distribution item by the way and there is nothing you can do to force the military to pay you off early.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I was married to a navy man for 14 years. He told me that i would only get $ 400.00 A MONTH retirement pay since he made senior chief and would be frocked but not recieve the pay until after we would be divorced. Also, I was supposed to see his tax returns every year and recieve cost of living raises of which he refuses to do either. How do i correct all this???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Again, look at your divorce decree and see what it states regarding the retirement. If he was in the military for more than 10 years of your 14 year marriage, you should be able to have your share of the retirement paid directly to you, by DFAS, rather than it being controlled by your ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">