• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Infidelity Divorce...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SweetStar067

(Just trying to make sure I get all the facts in here, thats why it may look a little messy)

My husband and I got married in California in March. He is a Marine. I moved from Michigan to California to live with him in May. While I was out here we realized we couldn't stand living together. We argued all the time and decided I would move back home in August. As it got closer to the time I was supposed to leave, we decided getting a divorce would be the best option. I moved back to michigan at the beginning of August and he was coming home on leave at the end of the month.

While he was home on leave we met up and signed the divorce papers which would be turned in on return to California. When he left, I came back out here with him because I had a few Doctors appoitments.

I had asked if we could turn the paperwork in on Monday since he was heading out to the field and wouldnt be here. That night I fell asleep and he took my cell phone. I am best friends with one of his friends from work, and my husband (ex?) went through all of our text messages and decided in his mind that we were cheating together. Which was absoluty not the case.

He however over the whole time he was home, and randomly a few months earlier would sign up on singles sites (fling.com, hotornot.com, made a "im single" myspace) and was responding to girls wanted adds on Craigslist.com and Backpage.com I screen captured all the emails and confermations on my computer so I can print them off.

But last night he said he was going after our friend and I for infidilty. I want the divorce so I don't really care what happens to me, but having both my ex and his/my friend being Marines, I know that he can get in big trouble for being accused.

I am going to go down to Legal/JAG later with my print offs and see if I can do anything. I don't know if it makes a difference if I file first or not, but I just want this all to be over and for my friend to not get in trouble. He was the only one who listened to me complain when my husband and I were having issues. He has been a fantastic friend and person and I do not want him getting in trouble over something that he didn't do.

If anyone has any advice, or any idea of what could or couldn't happen, please share it. I am only 21 and hate that I'm having to deal with this, but it is what it is, and I just want my life back.

Thank you.

infidilty confermations ? sorry i couldnt find the two words through any ways .you are a girl aged 21 but facing divorce problem ,i sympathize with you

mistoffolees

You're getting worked up over nothing. If you were never unfaithful, then he will have no evidence. He needs evidence to prove infidelity.

If he tries to bring your friend into it, your friend will simply go on the stand and say nothing happened. If you say nothing happened, your friend says nothing happened, and there's no evidence of anything happening, then it will end there. Your friend isn't going to get in trouble simply for being accused.

LdiJ

You're getting worked up over nothing. If you were never unfaithful, then he will have no evidence. He needs evidence to prove infidelity.

If he tries to bring your friend into it, your friend will simply go on the stand and say nothing happened. If you say nothing happened, your friend says nothing happened, and there's no evidence of anything happening, then it will end there. Your friend isn't going to get in trouble simply for being accused.
I understand where the concern is coming from, because adultery is a fairly big issue for the military. The husband in this case could cause some temporary problems for the friend, with the military, which would have absolutely nothing to do with the actual divorce. The military would investigate it separately. However, again, as you said, if nothing happened then the problems would be temporary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">