• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Law: Champva

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adebweb

My husband & I were married 20 yrs, filed for divorce, lived together as husband/wife and are now separated again. What are our legal obligations? Must we file for divorce again? How will this affect Champva? How long will we have to wait before remarrying? He's wanting to get married to another lady...I'm fine with it, but I just want us to do the right thing....very confused in Oklahoma

seniorjudge

adebweb said:
My husband & I were married 20 yrs, filed for divorce, lived together as husband/wife and are now separated again. What are our legal obligations? Must we file for divorce again? How will this affect Champva? How long will we have to wait before remarrying? He's wanting to get married to another lady...I'm fine with it, but I just want us to do the right thing....very confused in Oklahoma
http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp

If the lawsuit you first filed has never been dismissed, then go ahead with it and get divorced.

If it has been dismissed, you will have to file again.

Remarriage is allowed once the divorce is final.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">