• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Soldier (spouse)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mostimportantly

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

I've got a huge problem. My husband is a soldier, right now we are separeated. He contacted a lawyer about our divorce but he was told it would be atleast $1500 because we have a child. I love this man and I know that will be my weekness in the long run.

My question is this: I've contacted a non-profit organization to help me with the divorce because I've had it with him. He wants a divorce but he wants me to pay for it. Since I have no money am seeking a non-profit organizations. Well to the point...........Am I entitled to any benefits? What about child support? What about my last name? Will my child and I have a different name after the divorce? What about alimony? We've been married for 3 years now he's served overseas and I've been by his side.

I am blinded with despair, please help me, guided me.

This is a copy of my original post, I think I posted it in the wrong place. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kansas4me

The military has family service groups. That would be a great place to start for help. They can offer advice and suggestions on were to go for help if nothing else. You will have to figure out what state you are going to file in. You said you are in KS, but is that because you are currently stationed there, or is that your permanant residents?

LdiJ

mostimportantly said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Kansas

I've got a huge problem. My husband is a soldier, right now we are separeated. He contacted a lawyer about our divorce but he was told it would be atleast $1500 because we have a child. I love this man and I know that will be my weekness in the long run.

My question is this: I've contacted a non-profit organization to help me with the divorce because I've had it with him. He wants a divorce but he wants me to pay for it. Since I have no money am seeking a non-profit organizations. Well to the point...........Am I entitled to any benefits? What about child support? What about my last name? Will my child and I have a different name after the divorce? What about alimony? We've been married for 3 years now he's served overseas and I've been by his side.

I am blinded with despair, please help me, guided me.

This is a copy of my original post, I think I posted it in the wrong place. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Well, you certainly don't have to file for divorce and pay for it just because he says you have to. You can certainly tell him that if he wants a divorce he has to file for it himself.

Your children will still be entitled to benefits and naturally you would recieve child support based on your state's guidelines. Your marriage is too short for anything more than temporary alimony, and that would only be ordered if you needed help getting back into the workforce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">