• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minnesota divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cherry Belle

Hi. I'm from Minnesota and my husband and I have been living apart for the past 9 months. We;re looking to divorce, but due to serious lack of funds, we want to do this ourselves, but we don't really know where to beging. This would be a "no fautl" divorce and we've pretty much already agreed on child custody/visitaion/support. He's agreed to ;et me keep the house we bought jointly, for the sake of the children. What I really want to know is what forms I need to fill out and where can I find them. Please don't suggest I get a lawyer for this. We're parting as friends and we both feel a lawyer isn't something we can afford at this point in time.

C

CombatTN88

Cherry Belle said:
Hi. I'm from Minnesota and my husband and I have been living apart for the past 9 months. We;re looking to divorce, but due to serious lack of funds, we want to do this ourselves, but we don't really know where to beging. This would be a "no fautl" divorce and we've pretty much already agreed on child custody/visitaion/support. He's agreed to ;et me keep the house we bought jointly, for the sake of the children. What I really want to know is what forms I need to fill out and where can I find them. Please don't suggest I get a lawyer for this. We're parting as friends and we both feel a lawyer isn't something we can afford at this point in time.
Go to see Governor Ventura. He will take you in his office as he will chew tobacco and dip while you both explained your story. Then in his power of veto, he will STAMP your divorce decree with his dip of his tobacco.

C

Cherry Belle

Hey, I appreciate humor as much as anyone else. I was, however, hoping to get a little bit of help and information on where to go and what things I needed. I feel that I simply don't need a lawyer to get a divorce when there's no real issues that need to be settled that way.

I don't however, appreciate humor at my expense when I'm genuinely asking for help. I came seeking help and advice, not to be made fun of. I can't afford a lawyer. I'm raising my 2 children on Social Secutiry Disability and have a hard time making ends meet each month, so paying a lawyer to do something that I can do myself seems pretty much a waste of cash that can go for school clothes and supplies for my kids. I know things like Legal Aid are available, but I don't want to take services from someone who could really need them. I admit I'm ignorant about the legal system, but is it really helpful and kind to mock me for a laugh? I'm offended by your comments. I expected better from someplace that offers legal advice. This kind of advice I could get from the cretins in the local bar, but I chose to ignore their words as well.

nailtech

Don't pay any attention to the smart @$$.... you should be able to go to the Barnes and Nobel book store and buy a package for self help Divorces....

C

Cherry Belle

Thank you, nailtech. That's very helpful. It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to get to the local Barnes and Noble, but I'll have to see if I can't get there and look around. :)

C

CombatTN88

Re: Re: Minnesota divorce

CombatTN88 said:

Go to see Governor Ventura. He will take you in his office as he will chew tobacco and dip while you both explained your story. Then in his power of veto, he will STAMP your divorce decree with his dip of his tobacco.

I apologized for my humor remark. My friend was always joking to me about Governor Ventura because he chewed tobacco in the movie, Predator. It is just hard to believe that touch guy is now a governor of Minnesota. Seriously, I would do what that guy said such as getting Self Help Divorce kit.

My best, Combat

C

Cherry Belle

Apology accepted. :)

I am almost ashamed to admit I voted for him. Thankfully he won't be running agin this election. I highly doubt I'd do it again. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">